Wednesday, August 18, 2010

09 - Monteith: Radler Bier **

I bought Monteith's Radler Bier at the recommendation of a local Bottle shop manager. While I am greatful for the interest in this blog, I will think twice before taking his recommendation again. Radler Bier is not a serious beer. It is not a beer for beer drinkers, but rather one for the ladies or men don't quite like the taste of beer. I can only imagine someone thinking this is a nice beer when they are comparing it to a VB.

Radler Bier has a hint of lemon which combines with the beer to taste more like ginger beer than a traditional beer. I am sure there is a market for this beer, but it is obvious that I am not in there target demographic. Perhaps the government should slap an alcopop tax on this one.

I would drink this beer with..... with.... Oh let's be honest, I will never drink this beer again. It is not a beer so much as a travesty of brewing.

Next: We're returning to England to try Bank's 9.1% Barley Gold (Very Strong Ale). This is an award winning beer, so I hope I can scrape the tast of the Radler Bier out of my mouth before I try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment